This guide will deploy chatwoot on a single droplet in DigitalOcean. For a cloud native deployment, go with our 1-click k8s app on DigitalOcean Marketplace.
Create a Droplet (VM)
- Login to DigitalOcean console and choose create droplet.
- Create an instance with a minimum of 4vCPU and 8GB RAM.
- Make sure to choose the datacenter region you want to deploy.
- Under authentication, choose your SSH key or create a new one. This is important as you will need this key to complete the next section.
- Click create.
- SSH into the droplet created above.
- Follow the linux VM instructions at https://www.chatwoot.com/docs/self-hosted/deployment/linux-vm.
- Woot! Woot! Your Chatwoot Instance is ready and can be accessed at
http://<your-droplet-ip>:3000. Or if you completed the domain setup during the installation, chatwoot should be available at
- Follow the Chatwoot docs to configure your domain, email and other parameters you need. https://www.chatwoot.com/docs/self-hosted/deployment/linux-vm#configure-the-required-environment-variables